Behind the Seams with summer intern Stephanie Flint

Hi! I'm Stephanie, a senior at Butler University and the Human Resources intern in the Fort Wayne office. As long as I can remember, I have enjoyed collecting Vera Bradley, and I am extremely excited about this summer. Check back to follow what's happening behind the seams at Vera Bradley!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Weekend of Golf, Tennis, and Plenty of Pink

Every June, the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer holds the Vera Bradley Classic, a 4-day event with tennis, golf and celebration dinners, all coated in pink. I volunteered with Foundation intern, Michelle, who was kind enough to work on this post with me.

Tennis Tournament

Stephanie:
On Saturday, 68 teams (136 women) competed for Vera Bradley bragging rights at Wildwood Racquet Club in Fort Wayne. This was my first experience with the Classic, and everyone was so welcoming and sweet. Of course, when you are surrounded by adorable Twirly Birds Pink decorations, you can't help but have a great time. I sold merchandise and handed out gifts to the participants (sunglasses and Totes in Twirly Birds Pink), so I was a pretty popular girl that day.


Some of the participants watching an exhibition match.

Jill Nichols, the EVP of Philanthropy and Community Relations, showing off her tennis skills.

One of the teams, rocking their new Vera Bradley Miller Bags and sunglasses.

Golf Tournament


Michelle:
With Monday came the biggest part of Classic weekend ... golf day! With 113 teams (452 golfers) spread across three tournaments at two courses, we definitely had a lot to orchestrate. The 9-hole tournament was held at Fort Wayne Country Club, and the 18-hole tournament took place at Sycamore Hills Golf Club. Fortunately, we had beautiful weather, amazing participants and a ton of cheerful volunteers.

The day started bright and early around 6 am with one of my favorite activities: Driving around on a golf cart and "Vera-ifying" every hole. I had to hurry so I could make it back to the registration table in time to see all the golfers arriving in their fabulous outfits (arguably the best part of the Classic). It seems when it comes to the Classic, cute outfits are top priority for most, while the ability to golf in said cute outfits is much lower on the list of concerns.

After a few well wishes, all the golfers were off to their start holes, and I believe it can be said with some confidence, a good time was had by all!

A participant looking far more professional than I could ever hope to. Note the pink ribbons!

Just a few of our amazing volunteers working the registration table at Fort Wayne Country Club.

The winners of the most important part of the Classic, the Best Dressed competition!

1 comment:

  1. Driving about on a golf barrow and "Vera-ifying" every hole. I had to bustle so I could accomplish it aback to the allotment table in time to see all the golfers accession in their aces outfits.

    Golf packages

    ReplyDelete