Behind the Seams with summer intern Stephanie Flint

Hi! I'm Stephanie, a senior at Butler University and the Human Resources intern in the Fort Wayne office. As long as I can remember, I have enjoyed collecting Vera Bradley, and I am extremely excited about this summer. Check back to follow what's happening behind the seams at Vera Bradley!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My New Home Sweet Home

Since I am not a Fort Wayne resident, I was grateful when the Human Resources department provided me with several suggestions for affordable, safe housing options in the area. After some careful deliberation, I chose an apartment on the city's north side. It came fully furnished (which my Dad appreciated), and ended up being beautiful (which my Mom and I appreciated).

My apartment complex.

Our living room, with some one-of-a-kind artwork painted by my very talented Grandma Estelyn.

HR also paired me up with another intern, Kelley, for a roommate. Kelley is the Product Development intern, so she gets to design beautiful bags every day. I'm used to living with 75 other girls in my sorority house during the school year, so I am extremely grateful to have someone to come home to after work. Since move-in day, we've had the time of our lives decorating our space with hand-crafted decor, hosting weekly intern dinners, and exploring the city together. I have to say that I think this is a match made in Vera Bradley heaven!

My roommate, Kelley, and I at a TinCaps game.

1 comment:

  1. Your new home looks a little cozy. It's a good thing that your HR Department was able to provide you such good suggestions. So how's your life in your new home so far?

    ReplyDelete