Behind the Seams with summer intern Stephanie Flint

Hi! I'm Stephanie, a senior at Butler University and the Human Resources intern in the Fort Wayne office. As long as I can remember, I have enjoyed collecting Vera Bradley, and I am extremely excited about this summer. Check back to follow what's happening behind the seams at Vera Bradley!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Very Vera First Day

On my first day at Vera Bradley, I went to our Industrial Road office to begin orientation. Not all of the interns started on the same day, so there were only about six or seven of us (there are 15 now). We learned about the internship program, the company and received a tour of the building. I then made the short drive over to the building in which I will be spending most of my time, the office on Production Road.




Production Road Office

When I walked in the front door, I completely fell in love. From the shelves of new and old products to the adorable seating area, everything around me was so "Vera". Production Road is actually Vera Bradley's original office, where all operations were once housed, including Product Development, Manufacturing, Distribution, and all Business Operations.




This just looks so inviting!





I love that I get to see this ... every day.

At Production, I was finally able to make it to the Human Resources area (affectionately known as the HR Cave). I met everyone on our team and started to get settled into my desk. As the day went on, I had to keep reminding myself that this wasn't just a one day deal, but I really get to work at this amazing company all summer long.




My desk - Complete with photos of friends and family, and some Vera too!

Now, two weeks later, it is starting to truly sink in, and thankfully I don't feel like someone is going to tap me on the shoulder and tell me that it is time for me to leave. The next step will be finding the willpower to overcome my constant desire to buy every bag, accessory or cute stationery item I see. Wish me luck with this one ... I'll need it!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Steph! Your blog looks great! Suggest to Vera that when they make a bag with elephants on it to make it in something besides pink. Pink elephants are stereotypes of drunks and you might remember how I feel about drinking. That's why I've never gotten one of the bags with elephants. : (

    Other than that, keep up the good work and tootles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the right of your computer is what looks like a jar with something in it, but what pattern is that? I love it but is it a pattern that is out already? And did yu make those picture frames? PS. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little jar to the right of my computer is in one of the new Fall patterns that is coming out July 7, so be sure to check out the website or your favorite retailer when they launch! I did make the picture frames, I love to craft more than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can't wait! When you're interning (im guessing) that you get sneak peaks into Vera's upcoming patterns...right? Do you know how far in advance they're in? For example are they 6 months ahead in patterns?
    Thanks! You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, our Trend & Fabric Coordinator, actually answered that exact question on Inside Stitch a few weeks ago, so check out what she had to say! http://insidestitch.com/2011/05/23/liz-answers-your-questions/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie,

    I just love Vera Bradley bags myself so I know what you mean when you need to find the willpower to overcome buying all the bags, (Its hard). I would like to find out more information on becoming an employee through Vera Bradley, I went to IADT in Rochester Michigan and studied Fashion Design, (Loved it). I noticed from your pictures the Juki sewing machines, that is actually what we used. please contact me at the address listed : pcabala01@comcast.net and thank you Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete