Behind the Seams with summer intern Stephanie Flint

Hi! I'm Stephanie, a senior at Butler University and the Human Resources intern in the Fort Wayne office. As long as I can remember, I have enjoyed collecting Vera Bradley, and I am extremely excited about this summer. Check back to follow what's happening behind the seams at Vera Bradley!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

There's nothing like a good book

I'll admit it--I am a bookworm. I like to read, and would rather flip through magazine or book pages than turn on the TV...which I don't even have this summer!

I have read my fair share of classics (hello AP English!) so I don't feel so guilty when I turn to my favorite genre: chick lit. I read Shopaholic, The Devil Wears Prada, and In Her Shoes before they ever turned up on the big screen. I am not alone--the girls of Direct Sales have created a nice shelf of chick lit for sharing in the Inspiration Room!

One of the my first (non-work) tasks this summer was to find the nearest library. I had been library deprived in Spain (it would have taken me the whole semester to finish a chapter book!) and was happy to find an Allen County branch minutes from my apartment.

The newly renovated main branch

This weekend, I decided to check out the main branch in downtown Fort Wayne. I was a bit nervous to navigate the "One Way" maze of downtown, but the prospect of a few good reads convinced me to go for it.

What a beautiful library! It is huge--the size blows my local branch out of the water! There is a cafe, bookstore, auditorium, art gallery, computer center, and a parking garage. I definitely plan on heading back before the summer is over.

A room full of magazines... heaven!

***
Check out this happy Vera Bradley fan and blogger who received a surprise gift from blog fan and Vera Bradley employee Jennifer: http://therubyturtlehippie.blogspot.com/

Her thank you post includes a video of "I think I love you..."--super cute!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Libby,

    As a fellow intern (in NYC at a graphic design firm), I look forward to all of your posts. I love seeing what intern life is like at other companies, especially companies I love like VB!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the shout-out Libby!! The gifts are being put to well use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lib,
    Just read about a new Kindle coming out. The Kindle is smaller and the price much less:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew "The Devil Wears Prada" was a book...learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete