Behind the Seams with summer intern Stephanie Flint

Hi! I'm Stephanie, a senior at Butler University and the Human Resources intern in the Fort Wayne office. As long as I can remember, I have enjoyed collecting Vera Bradley, and I am extremely excited about this summer. Check back to follow what's happening behind the seams at Vera Bradley!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Last day... sigh...

Vera Bradley interns, summer 2010!

May 24, 2010 through August 13, 2010: my summer living the dream as a Vera Bradley intern. I honestly cannot believe it went by so fast--it seems like only yesterday I was walking through the doors at Industrial and staring with awe at the cubicles decked out in Vera Bradley stationary items.

Time really does fly when you are having fun!

Here's my "Internship by the Numbers":
  • 2: the number of my awesome supervisors, Shannon and Sarah, who went above and beyond to make my internship amazing
  • 4: the number of states I visited (Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Texas, and Ohio)
  • 13: the number of my unofficial mentors in Direct Sales
  • 17: the number of wonderful interns this summer
  • 29: the number of comments my brother Andy left on the blog
  • 853: the number of words in the article I wrote for the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer's website
  • 2,305: the number of visitors to the blog on July 11th--my one-day record!!
  • ###: the number of Cookie Cottage cookies consumed this summer (the actual number would be too embarrassing to share)
But my most important numbers just can't be quantified. I have made countless memories this summer--new friends, new experiences, and new take-aways to carry into my professional and personal life. This summer has exceeded my wildest expectations--I never would have guessed I'd be on a Vera Bradley email, or be able to chat with co-founders Pat and Barb! Without a doubt, I would HIGHLY recommend a Vera Bradley internship. Amazing company, adorable bags, and awesome team? Sign me up all over again!

Just a few members of the talented Direct Sales team.

I am incredibly sad to have to leave (how important is year 4 of college anyway?), but I am so thankful for the opportunity to be here and to work for one of my favorite companies.

Shout-outs:
  • The wonderful people at Vera Bradley--I will never stop talking about my wonderful summer here!
  • Shannon, Sarah, and Emily--to quote Sarah, you guys are "jammin' like salmon"!
  • Web team--we'll definitely be keeping in touch (in tweets--140 characters or less)
  • Lovely blog fans and readers--I will definitely miss sharing my adventures, but stay up to date with more Vera Bradley news on Facebook, Twitter, and emails. I have loved reading your comments and you have made this blog very special!
Keep an eye out on the Vera Bradley Careers page. Around February, the summer 2011 internships will be posted... I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

6 comments:

  1. Libby,
    I just wanted to say that I'm really going to miss reading your blog. You write very well and it's also really interesting to get to see behind-the-scenes at Vera Bradley, especially since they don't do their own blog. I've read all of your posts, and I'm really glad I got to read about all the unique adventures you had with the company!
    Best wishes with your senior year, and thanks again for being such an entertaining and informative blogger,
    Andrea Rodgers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby, I have enjoyed your blog. I am Nissa's Mom, so it was fun seeing the pictures and hearing another perspective of life at VB. Good luck with your Senior year at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Make that 30 comments!
    2. A number should always be able to be quantified... It's a number...quantifying is its job, right? [My mind is blown if that's not the case...you must have some crazy numbers Lib.]
    3. Year 4 is not very important.
    4. Bring some cottage cookies home to share.
    5. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone! I am glad you enjoyed reading it because I REALLY enjoyed writing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you were able to have this experience, and to bring back so many amazing memories! Your blog is great, and I loved reading about your little niche in the Vera Bradley manufacturing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Libby!

    I'm currently an intern for the Winter session (from Jan - Aug), so this superbly written blog definetly got me excited for the intern events starting in May! Thanks for the enjoyable time reading all entries :)

    ReplyDelete